1. Some people think historical sites should be open to the general public, but some people think historical cites should only be open to experts and researchers. Which do you think is better?
2. Some teachers think that it is important for students to sit in assigned seats, that is, to sit in the same place every day in class.Other teachers think that students should be allowed to choose where they will sit, and they allow them to sit in different seats on different days. Which do you think is better? Explain why.
3. Some people want their children to go to school, but some people prefer to let their children be home-schooled. Which do you prefer? Why?
4. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents should force their kids to continue learning to play the musical instrument when the kids want to give up.
5. Your school decides to teach students time management and study habits. Do you think this is a good idea or not?
6. Some students prefer to do things which they are good at. Some students force themselves to do what they are not good at? Which do you prefer? Why?
7. Some schools decide to cancel winter and summer breaks so that children can stay in school all year round. Do you think this is a good idea or not?
8. Do you agree or disagree: children should learn to draw or paint?
9. Your school is planning to ban library computers from accessing social media websites. Do you agree or disagree with such a plan?
10. Some people like having a wide variety of friends and acquaintances they can spend time with. Others like to spend most of their free time with the same small group of close friends. Which do you prefer? Explain why.
11. Do you think the boss should supervise his employee when they are working, or give his employee more freedom in work?
12. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? When traveling, we should keep in contact with our family or friends.
13. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People are more likely to enjoy themselves at concerts or films if they go with a group of friends.
14. When some people have a little extra money, they like to spend it right away on something they enjoy. Others prefer to save the extra money. Which do you like to do? Explain why.
15. Some teachers prefer to answer students’ questions while they are delivering a lecture. Some teachers prefer to answer their questions when the lecture is over. Which one do you prefer? Why?
16. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is a good idea to get a job under the influence of other people.
17. To teach old people to use the computer in the community, which do you think is better? To find a professional to teach them outside, or to find a student to teach them at home?
18. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? With more and more people reading in electronic format, libraries will disappear.
19. Do you agree or disagree that one of the best ways to learn about a country is to watch its TV shows?
20. Should people be allowed to take photos when visiting a museum?